Friday, February 1, 2008

what a view! :: Friday E-Devotion

Ephesians 1:18 (nlt) --- I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance.
 
Another version of the Bible says, "I pray that the eyes of your heart will be opened..."
 
We recently went on a cool trip.  Yep, Vegas, baby, and what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.  Just kidding.  Some of the things we saw (Hoover Dam and Red Rock Canyon) were over the top awesome.  Standing at one particular point at the Dam I was amazed at the overwhelming size and what it is took to construct it.  Many times in my life I have stood on a cliff or on a mountain and noticed the perfect view or the lights at night time.  Much of those times have left huge marks on my memory.
 
Yet none of those marks compare to the vision that God has "flooded my heart" with.  This Sunday we are going to revisit the vision of The Community Fellowship as I share with passion my heart.  You know, it is really God's heart.  I have to let you know .... what a view!
 
The week began as we talked about the 12 spies who went to look at the land that God promised His people.  I have to imagine what they saw and thought.  It had great views and took insight to see what God intended.  Vision is much the same.  Sometimes you have to strain to see it.  Others time you have to have divine inspiration.  Let me remind you ... God wants to help you and me see!
 
Luke 5:26 (nlt) --- Everyone was gripped with great wonder and awe, and they praised God, exclaiming, "We have seen amazing things today!"
 
What are we to do now with what God has told us and with what He has shown us?
 
Luke 8:39 (nlt) --- "No, go back to your family, and tell them everything God has done for you." So he went all through the town proclaiming the great things Jesus had done for him.
 
Before I leave you, let me remember you what people saw about those folks who live by the big vision God has given them...they are 'out on a limb that is about to brake'...they are 'certifiably crazy'...they are missing God....they are out of God's will.  Dig a little deeper. 
 
God called us to to live with passion and vision.  So much passion that leads us to see God-sized stuff.  So much passion that we will defend our God given vision all the time.  Some people call that arrogance.  Others call it pride.  I'll tell ya this, I know where I am going, and I am going with God.  How about you?  What a view!

No comments:

the power of God

The power of God will take you out of your own plans and put you into the plan of God. --- Smith Wigglesworth It is the power of Go...