Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Fwd: how to say goodbye [+] Tuesday E-Devotion

I am reading a new book.  The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch where he talks about his battle with cancer, dreams from childhood, life, family, kids and so much more.
 
As I was ready this morning (waiting in line to buy an iphone) the old song I Believe I Can Fly came over the mall speaker system.  Already I had mulled over Michael W Smith's song How to Say Goodbye as I think about leaving my parents home headed back to Virginia. 
 
By the way, I am a crier.  Tears are easy to come up for me.  Sickness, pain, friendship, love, my wife, the kids, family and much more often brings tears to my eyes.  Honestly, I have never left my home at any point without either chocking back tears or letting them fly.
 
Just a simple thought for the day as I leave and think about saying goodbye: make relationships count.  People matter.  Stuff comes and goes.  Things can be replaced and won't mean much in time.  But people matter, they matter to God....they need to matter more than anything.  Think about it.
 
Romans 13:8 (nlt) --- Owe nothing to anyone—except for your obligation to love one another. If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill the requirements of God's law.
 
Those special relationships let me believe this:
 
I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
I see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly
(Oh) I believe I can fly
 
(lyrics from I Believe I Can Fly)
 
These people that I care so much about make saying goodbye hard, but they each one remind me that people are gifts.  Gifts from God to cherish for a long, long time.
 
Click on the songs above (both of them are you tube videos) and do your dead level best to make relationships count today ... tomorrow ... and the next.  I love my family!
 
 

[+] Please Pray for My family begins traving toward home in Virginia.  Pray for a friend who is waiting for health results tomorrow from a test.  Continue to pray for Richard Holland and Ken Smith.  Pray for a pastor friend needing direction.

 

No comments:

interacting with the Word of God

My family is in the middle of a devotion that uses one of my favorite passages in the Bible about the Bible.   These words about the wor...