Monday, August 4, 2008

make it count [+] Monday e-Devotion


I am preparing to preach a series of messages about the meaning of life and making our lives count.  Some things I find by digging deeper and deeper, but often the inspiration and good stuff comes flying at me.  How is that?
 
Sitting at church last night (while visiting Lifechurch.tv) I hear a message on the reality of death.  I sit down to read a bit today and find some words I have already heard from a man who died recently, Randy Pausch, whose last lecture has been shared internationally. My current reads, podcast library and more has been so pointed by God.
 
My question: how do I really make my life count?
 
Do you have that thought very much?  We ought to.  We ought to ask God and take steps to make every moment of every day really count in a way that will leave a lasting legacy and a mark on the world.  What am I doing to make life count?  How can I make it count?
 
Ephesians 5:16 (nlt) --- Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days.

Psalm 91:9-10 (nlt) --- If you make the Lord your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter, no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home.
 
Philippians 2:5,8 (nlt) --- You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had...He humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal's death on a cross.
 
I am spending time with my family in Oklahoma this weekend, and it is sweet to think these thoughts, how to make life count, when we see what God is doing and how God is leading our lives.  We have opportunities and an obligation to make our days count for God and to leave a legacy that our kids and others will be touched by.

No comments:

interacting with the Word of God

My family is in the middle of a devotion that uses one of my favorite passages in the Bible about the Bible.   These words about the wor...