Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday Morning Overflow [+] Monday E-Devotion

Yesterday was Biker Sunday @ The Community Fellowship , and God said "it was good!"  Thanks to all who helped.  Direct Message , the band, did a great job.  The Cassell and Gravely gangs hit the ground running and did good.  The cooks did hundreds of hot dogs and burgers and over 300 ribs (the ribs were good and they were gone fast).  Some where around 200 people showed.  Double the bikes we had last year.  If you were not here, you missed a great day.

My favorite part was the end of the invitation as we sang "Amazing Grace: my chains are gone" and people flooded our parking lot with prayer.  Lots of needs.  Lots of praise.  Lots of people who love Jesus.

As I looked around during this event, I saw many people I knew, some I had met before but lots that I have not met.  It was a real treat to shake hands, listen to stories, talk about the motorcycles, pray for soldiers deployed, make new friend and more.  I love what I do cause I get to see people smile when we talk about what really matters....JESUS.

In the message I shared, "Do You Wanna Live?" we talked further in our series 30 Days to Live about what it takes to not get by but to see success, how not just to survive but to thrive.  Think about these things for a minute:

John 10:10 NASB --- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they  may have life, and have it abundantly.

That's our verse at The Community, and it reality.  Too many of us have let Satan take our lives and our desire to live from us.  Paul, the Apostle, helps us understand what it is to enjoy Jesus, to walk with Him and to find what really living is all about.  God offers it.  We need to accept it.

Philippians 3:10 NLT --- I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death,

Life is too precious to loose.  It is too short to waste.  And there are too many good days to not live them.  Therefore, we have a choice.  Just let life pass us by or begin to live.

Isaiah 55:6  NLT --- Seek the Lord while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near.

God offers us life.  Seek Him.  Try Him.  Ain't nothing like coming to find out for yourself that God is God and He is so good.  Don't shy away from Him or from the stuff that He has for you.

Maybe you get it by now.  I am living in the overflow this morning.  I'm tired, but this was a great weekend.  It started out at a pastors, staff and spouses retreat at the near by lake, moved on to Biker Sunday with lots and lots of awesome people and closed up with an excellent small group Bible study that reminded us of how precious life really is.  I like the overflow.  How about you?

No comments:

interacting with the Word of God

My family is in the middle of a devotion that uses one of my favorite passages in the Bible about the Bible.   These words about the wor...