It is the first E-Devotion of 2009, and I want to use today to look back on the last few months of thinking through these daily notes. Some of the things that have stuck with me are driving me into the new year with fresh thinking, renewed vision and passion to be who God made me to be. I want to challenge to do things that last whether it's the way you interact with people or the way you do your job or the way you handle various situations.
Spend some time thinking over these quotes:
- Create a revolution by serving people. - Dino Rizzo
- What does it mean to love? what really matters? Loving is an action that comes from deep in a person's heart that is selfless and giving. That loves leaves marks and makes a difference like nothing else can. That love really matters.
- Michael Hyatt ... What would you do if you were brave?
- Many of those who are not serving simply need to catch the vision, see the passion and spend some time with other folks who are serving in big ways.
- The most important thing is God touching lives. We do that. We literally become the hands and feet and heart and life of Christ every day when we do what God calls us to do.
- "A man should never neglect his family for business." - Walt Disney
- Waiting may very well be the hardest thing we do in life, but God is working in the middle of what is going on. Waiting. Stopping. Those things allow us to see God clearer and hear Him better. In the waiting we are reminded to not loose heart and to live by faith.
- Most of the distractions that come into our lives come because we let them. OUCH! Did you hear that? We let them in for one reason or another. Maybe it is insecurity. Maybe the reason is not being organized. But most likely, and what God is speaking to me, the biggest reason is lack of focusing on Him, on the right one.
- God's eyes see it all. His resources are endless. Nothing is too hard, too big or too far from Him. So, think with me: what are you attempting that will fail unless God's helps?
I am excited about the possibilities and the opportunities of 2009. Therefore, I am kicking it in '09. How?
John 3:30 (nasb) --- He must increase, but I must decrease.
Isaiah 37:32 (nlt) --- For a remnant of my people will spread out from Jerusalem, a group of survivors from Mount Zion. Thepassionate commitment of the Lord of Heaven's Armies will make this happen!
I leave you with those thoughts and with this question, will you be "brave in 2009" by serving others and in so doing serving your God?