Friday, December 4, 2009

leaders must seek God (some thoughts on the goodness of God)

I love my day off.  Not much to do.  Time to rest and think, pray and read, do a few chores and have some conversations.  This Scripture spoke to me this morning from Proverbs 4:

23 Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life...  25 e time Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you.  26 Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm.  27 Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.

Powerful words that spoke to the fact that I am constantly seeking God for vision, insight and leadership as I get to lead the people at The Community.  See the power of God there?  My heart is the place that has to keep my eyes and my life on the right path, God's path.  Each of us must stay the course, listen carefully and all the while following God.

The latest worship project from Gateway church is "Wakeup", and this song speaks to what we know about God.  He is good.  The title is "You are good" ... 

Your kindness leads me to repentance
Your goodness draws me to Your side
Your mercy calls me to be like You
Your favor is my delight
Every day, I'll awaken my praise
And pour out a song from my heart

You are good, You are good
You are good, and Your mercy is forever
You are good, You are good
You are good, and Your mercy is forever
You are good, and Your mercy is forever

Your kindness leads me to repentance
Your goodness draws me to Your side
Your mercy calls me to be like You
Your favor is my delight
Every day, I'll awaken my praise
And pour out a song from my heart

You are good, You are good
You are good, and Your mercy is forever
You are good, You are good
You are good, and Your mercy is forever

You are good, You are good
You are good, and Your mercy is forever
You are good, You are good
You are good, and Your mercy is forever

Your kindness is forever, Your goodness is forever
Your mercy is forever, forever
Your kindness is forever, Your goodness is forever
Your mercy is forever, forever

1 comment:

Jenilee said...

Great song! I love the lyrics. Thanks for sharing them!

eat this book and share it

Our great, gracious and almighty God desires to feed us His word.   The scriptures are for our good, for us to feed on Spiritually.   Th...