Tuesday, February 2, 2010

what is a Dream Center?

Today's devotion is going to be short.  But I have lots on my mind and in my heart.

A couple years ago I met from a distance Matthew Barnett who is a pastor and leads The Dream Center in Los Angeles, CA.  Since then I have been touched in a big way by Dino Rizo a pastor who wrote a book and models something called Servolution.  Both men and the ministry they lead are above offering people hope who have none.

  • In an email from one of our people today I heard how her job and her life are leading people to find hope.

  • I opened a letter from a mission organization my family supports and found a picture of people finding clean drinking water. (see www.watermissions.org)

  • Just a few minutes ago an email hit my inbox from some of my favorite people serving kids in Africa. (see www.childrenscup.org)

  • Last evening I went with some church friends to share a meal with the people at the Martinsville Hotel. Those folks are in great need.


God has called us to offer people hope when they have none.  In the coming days through The Community Fellowship family I believe God is going to establish a Dream Center here in our community where people will find that they still have dreams, hope is possible and that God loves them.  But the Dream Center begins in my life and in your as we serve others.

It is kind of like being at Wal-Mart.  The top shelf is always marked with a sign that tells you to get assistance to get things off the top shelf.  Hope and dreams are often just a little bit out of reach from people.  But those who know Jesus can put hope and dreams in a place where people can reach them.  I want to be part of that.  I want to be part of helping people find hope.  How about you?

What is a Dream Center?  Who can you share hope with today?

1 Thessalonians 4:13 (NASB) --- But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope.

1 Peter 3:15 (NLT) --- Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it.

Psalm 94:19 (NLT) --- When doubts filled my mind,your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.

No comments:

happy birthday, Julie

Proverbs 18:22   NLT The man who finds a   wife   finds a treasure, and he receives   favor   from the   Lord . Yes, I have foun...