Monday, May 2, 2011

struggle we are in

Ephesians 6:12 NASB
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

We are in this struggle together. You have seen my struggle in the past, and you know that I am still in the midst of it.

Spiritual battles are real.  They happen every day.  The closer we follow Jesus and get to Him the stronger these struggles become.  In fact, the more you seek Jesus, the more Satan seeks to get your attention off of Jesus.  The struggle we are in will continue until we leave earth or until we stop following Jesus.

The Community Dream Center has been a huge blessing and begun conversations that seem to be endless.  We've been able to help people that we would most likely not been able to work with unless we stepped out in a new direction.  Yet the property that we have been seeking to purchase doesn't look like it is going to happen.  It has been a struggle for several reasons.

This struggle and others I have been through have taught me some lessons that have shaped my faith in God.  I still believe that God's call is real, His vision given to me and this church is a must and we will press forward with confidence.  That means the struggle we are in will continue.

But I am not alone.  God will never leave me, and He is for His people.  He has success for us as we are in His will.  He has blessing, even bigger blessings than we can understand, ahead for us.

"If God shuts down the thing you desire, it may be because He desires something even better." -Steven Furtick

That statement makes a lot of sense.  It does not promise me the struggle will end.  It promises a better end as I seek God.  Let me encourage you to keep on.  Don't stop.  Seek God.  Lead others.  Don't stop sharing what God has said to you.  Tell others your testimony, your story of what God has done in your life.

God will use your story and your struggle to encourage someone else.  Believe that and watch God work.  The struggle we are in will produce fruit that no one other than God could give to us.  Therefore, we press forward.

"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." - Will Rogers 

No comments:

make adjustments so you can thrive

There’s more to being a Christian than just getting by.  Many of the people you and I deal with are just surviving.  Go...