Thursday, June 2, 2011

the world didn't end May 21st

Mark 13:32 NLT

"However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.

I walk for exercise a few days a week.  Some of you are asking if I eat Krispy Kreme donuts while I walk and the answer is no (I wait till after).  Well, I was walking this morning and listening to a powerful sermon from Matthew Barnett of the Los Angeles Dream Center.  After the sermon, I turned on the music.  There was Hillsong United's "Soon".  It is a slow tune about heaven.  Soon we will see God.

It may not be tomorrow or the next day.  But it might be.  Are you ready to meet Jesus?  I asked another question this more via twitter that I'd like for you to think about too: who will be in heaven one day because of what you did today?  Answer that.

Recently Harold Camping predicted that the world would end or that Jesus would return on May 21st.  I am still here and so are you.  Guess the world didn't end.  Now Camping is saying that he was wrong and it will be October 21st.  We shall see.  Google him and you can learn more, but that is not my point.  Refer to the verse above if you would like.

The verse says that no one known when Jesus will return.  No one.  But Jesus is coming back.  I want to end this week's devotion reminding you and I to think about Heaven and prepare to go there.  So below I am going to share with you something Jesus said, and then I have copied the song I mentioned.  May God give us a hunger for Him that results in more people going to heaven!

"Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. 2 There is more than enough room in my Father's home.tIf this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? 3 When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. 4 And you know the way to where I am going." 5 "No, we don't know, Lord," Thomas said. "We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?" 6 Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. 

 
"Soon" by Hillsong United (here is a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btHtiRfhP-8

Soon and very soon
my King is coming
robed in righteousness
and crowned with love
When I see Him
I shall be made like Him
Soon and very soon

Soon and very soon
I'll be going
to the place He has prepared for me
There my sin erased
my shame forgotten
Soon and very soon

I will be with the One I love
with unveiled face I'll see Him
There my soul will be satisfied
Soon and very soon

Soon and very soon
see the procession
The angels and the elders
round the throne
At his feet I lay
my crowns my worship
Soon and very soon

I will be with the One I love
With unveiled face I'll see Him
There my soul will be satisfied
Soon and very soon

Though I have not seen Him
my heart knows Him well
Jesus Christ the lamb
the Lord of heaven

I will be with one I love
With unveiled face I'll see Him
There my soul will be satisfied
Soon and very soon

No comments:

make adjustments so you can thrive

There’s more to being a Christian than just getting by.  Many of the people you and I deal with are just surviving.  Go...