Monday, May 14, 2012

LABELS: lies vs. truth


Sunday I continued sharing with The Community Fellowship from the series called LABELS.  This idea came from People of the Second Chance (www.potsc.com) that shared the fact that many people believe lies told to them or lies they tell themselves.  The last few weeks have been eye opening and encouraging as I hear people talk about putting away lies and replacing them with truth from God.

Today was the same and talked about how many mothers believe they are a failure.  That is not true.  God is still changing lives including yours and mine.  God says:

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

Here are some things that we talked about today.

the lie --- you are not good enough because of where you have been
the truth --- Ephesians 1:4 -- I have chosen you before the creation of the world.

the lie --- you are too broken to be used by God
the truth --- Jeremiah 32:27 -- I am the Lord, the God of all mankind, is anything too hard for me?

the lie --- you are weak if you need help
the truth --- Matthew 11:18 -- Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest

the lie --- you are not what a man is supposed to be
the truth --- 1 Timothy 6:11-12 -- Oh man of God… pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness, fight the good fight of faith

the lie --- you are unworthy of romance
the truth --- Song of Solomon 2:16 -- My beloved is mine and I am his.

the lie --- no one likes you, you are the slowest person, why don’t you just quit?
the truth --- Romans 8:37 -- In all these things we are more than victorious through Him who loved us.

the lie --- no one will ever love you
the truth --- John 15:9 -- As the father has love me, I have loved you.

It is time that we believe what God says.  Satan is a liar.  That is his character and his way.  I pray that God gives us the ability to tell what is true and what is false.  I pray God will replace the lies we’ve believed too long with the truth He’s shared since the beginning of time.

NOTE:  Thanks to Katy Martin and some of her friends from Virginia Tech’s Baptist Student Ministry who inspired some of today’s message.

No comments:

happy birthday, Julie

Proverbs 18:22   NLT The man who finds a   wife   finds a treasure, and he receives   favor   from the   Lord . Yes, I have foun...