Friday, May 17, 2013

incredible hands


Powerful is your arm! Strong is your hand! Your right hand is lifted high in glorious strength.

The hand of God is an incredible thing.  When God’s hand is on you, there is almost nothing that can bring you down.  We can count on God and trust Him at all times.  What He says He will do, and that has been proven over and over.

In the past few weeks I have been reading through some Old Testament passages that depict who has God’s hand on them and those who didn’t.  Victory came to those with God’s hand on them.  The difference is described in one word: obedience.  Those who follow God find an incredible hand and find huge value and worth in the hands of God.

Think about it.  There is worth in our hands.

It All Depends on Whose Hands It's In

By Paul Ciniraj

A basketball in my hands is worth about $19.
A basketball in Michael Jordan's hands is worth about $33 million.
It depends on whose hands it's in...

A baseball in my hands is worth about $6.

A baseball in Mark McGuire's hands is worth $19 million.

It depends on whose hands it's in...

A golf club is useless in my hands.

A golf club in Tiger Wood's hands is a 4 Major Golf Championships

It depends on whose hands it's in...

A rod in my hands will keep away a wild animal.

A rod in Moses' hands will part the mighty sea.

It depends on whose hands it's in...

A sling shot in my hands is a toy.

A slingshot in David's hands is a mighty weapon.

It depends on whose hands it's in...

Two fish and five loaves in my hands is a couple of fish sandwiches.

Two fish and five loaves in Jesus' hands will feed thousands.

It depends on whose hands they're in...

Nails in my hands might produce a bird house.

Nails in Christ Jesus' hands will produce salvation for the entire world.

It depends on whose hands they're in...

As you see now it depends on whose hands it's in. 

So put your concerns, worries, fears, hopes, dreams, families 
and relationships in God's Hands. 

Because, It depends on whose hands they're in.

It all depends on whose hands are involved.  If we stop focusing on God and trust anything or anyone other than God, we have missed the most incredible hand of all.  David said it this way:

Psalm 139:7-10  NLT
I can never escape from your Spirit!  I can never get away from your presence! 8 If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there. 9 If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, 10 even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me.

I pray that not only will God’s hand be on our church and the people we serve, but I pray that those around us will be how awesome and incredible God’s hand is.  To have God’s hand on your life brings blessings, but it also brings honor to the one with the greatest amount of worth.  Who is most worthy?  That person is God, and He has incredible hands.

He did this so all the nations of the earth might know that the Lord’s hand is powerful, and so you might fear the Lord your God forever.

No comments:

happy birthday, Julie

Proverbs 18:22   NLT The man who finds a   wife   finds a treasure, and he receives   favor   from the   Lord . Yes, I have foun...