Monday, June 17, 2013

through their eyes

Psalm 34:8  NLT

Taste and see that the Lord is good.  Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!

Father’s Day is always a special day.  I am blessed with a great dad and many more great men who through the years have poured blessings in to my life, but since I became a dad myself this dad has taken on new heights and new awesome pieces.  Opening the cards my kids wrote was a great thing for me.  I am grateful and I am blessed big time.

Yet one of the highlights of my day has very little to do with Father’s Day.  We were having our first event at our new church campus that we recently purchased, and many of the people present had never had a tour of the property and it’s buildings.  It was awesome, really awesome, to watch and listen as these precious people saw for the first time what God has blessed us with.

There listening as Kasim, one of our leaders, talked about our plans for the building and the growth of the church.  He shared about our vision to touch lives and help people come to a place where God would change their lives.  I was able to interject several times in sharing vision about the work God has given us.  Of coarse, I have a hard time being silent.  We are blessed.

But one of the blessings was seeing this building, the property and our future through their eyes.  Through the eyes and hearts of people who have been part of The Community for a short period of time.  They talked about what they saw, what they felt, and what they believe God will do through this church.  They talked about how God is changing lives right and that there are many more to come.  It is all wrapped up in feeling hungry people, in giving clothes to people who need them, in helping homeless people find the help they need and bringing hope to people who feel like their lives are hopeless.

God changes lives, and seeing those changes through their lives really is priceless.  For this past and Jesus follower I am so excited and passionate about what God is doing, and what will help me keep on is seeing other people catch the vision and get excited.

The past few weeks have been so full.  We have fed many people.  The weeks ahead are going to be full.  Our back2school outreach is just under 50 days away, and many people will be blessed.  I cannot wait.  I also cannot wait to hear and see through their eyes what God is doing and what God will do in the future.

There really is more to come.  Join me.  Join us.  God is good!

Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.

Job 36:26  NLT
Look, God is greater than we can understand. His years cannot be counted.


note: Last Monday through Facebook I asked you to pray for little boy named Michael who had heart surgery.  I heard from his mother, and Michael is doing very well.  His mom thanked those who prayed for him.  Thank you for praying for our daughter Rebecca and her recovery which is going slow.  

No comments:

happy birthday, Julie

Proverbs 18:22   NLT The man who finds a   wife   finds a treasure, and he receives   favor   from the   Lord . Yes, I have foun...