Monday, September 2, 2013

quotes from Francis Chan

It is Labor Day, but I’d like to give you and I some things to think about.  Here are some quotes from one of my favorite authors and preachers, Francis Chan.  This dude inspires me big time.


These nuggets will take you to some places that aren’t normal for us, but they also may be a bit difficult.  Yet I pray they will challenge or encourage you to go to a new level with God.

“The point of your life is to point to Him.” --- Francis Chan

Amen.  How will we point to Him today?

“The irony is that while God doesn’t need us but still wants us, we desperately need God but don’t really want Him most of the time.” --- Francis Chan

God wants us.  He loved us before we knew about Him.  He keeps on seeking us when we know it and when we don’t.

“When I am consumed by my problems-stressed out about my life, my family, and my job - I actually convey the belief that I think the circumstances are more important than God’s command to always rejoice.”  --- Francis Chan

What is consuming me today?

“Has your relationship with God changed the way you live your life?”  --- Francis Chan

That last quote got me.  I have to stop and examine myself.  Keep on.  God is seeking you now.

No comments:

happy birthday, Julie

Proverbs 18:22   NLT The man who finds a   wife   finds a treasure, and he receives   favor   from the   Lord . Yes, I have foun...