Tuesday, March 3, 2015

we need HIS peace


James 3:18  NLT
And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness.

Have you ever met any one that seems to have an extra amount of peace?  Things don’t seem to rattle them at all.  Their lives exude peace and help others feel more at ease and find real peace.

Today’s post is really an invitation.  I ask you to join me thinking about, reading verses and stopping for a bit to apply peace, God’s real peace, to our lives.  Read on, and may God increase your peace!

But all who listen to me will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm.”

Lord, you will grant us peace; all we have accomplished is really from you.

And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.

John 16:33  NLT
I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.

For Christ himself has brought peace to us. He united Jews and Gentiles into one people when, in his own body on the cross, he broke down the wall of hostility that separated us.

For God is not a God of disorder but of peace, as in all the meetings of God’s holy people.

Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity.

A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones.

A couple of those verses stick out to me and ring in my mind and heart.  It is incredible how God uses the truth of Scripture to draw us closer to Him.  His peace is one awesome thing!

Micah 5:5  NLT
And he will be the source of peace

No comments:

pray for your children

The beginning of the school year brings all kinds of thoughts and emotions my way.   My wife, a 1st grade teacher, told our 9th grader s...