Wednesday, May 6, 2015

happy birthday, Rebecca



I beg to differ.  Rebecca will always be my “baby Becc”.  I have a hard time with her growing up especially with the calendar by my side marked with this birthday, her graduation from high school and receiving her associates degree from college all in a 15 day period.  Further, she is planning to move to college in about 14 weeks.  That is too many firsts for this dad.

We could not be more proud of Rebecca at this point.  She is a great student who has made excellent choices.  Her habits and attitude are strong and based on much of what we have taught her.  Well, I need to give thanks to God for His grace and protection and to Rebecca’s mom, my wife, for doing a great job impacting Rebecca’s life.

So before the world I say “happy birthday, Rebecca”.  As your father I could not be more proud of you.  You have been and continue to be a blessing to me and to our family.  I am excited about your future, too.  I pray that this day is very special for you!

It is important for families to make positive choices to guide their children.  God gives us truth to hold up and to live by.

Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Deuteronomy 11:18-21  NLT
So commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these words of mine. Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders. 19 Teach them to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. 20 Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates, 21 so that as long as the sky remains above the earth, you and your children may flourish in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors.

Rebecca might legally be an adult, but she is still a gift from God to me and to our family.  I will continue to pray for her and seek to guide her.  And by the way, this parenting this sure is tough, but it has great, great rewards.  Rebecca is one of those incredible rewards!

Happy birthday, baby Becc!!!

No comments:

happy birthday, Julie

Proverbs 18:22   NLT The man who finds a   wife   finds a treasure, and he receives   favor   from the   Lord . Yes, I have foun...