Tuesday, June 2, 2015

aware of Your presence



Here is part of the song:

…Holy Spirit, You are welcome here
Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere
Your glory, God, is what our hearts long for
To be overcome by Your presence, Lord…

I've tasted and seen
Of the sweetest of loves
Where my heart becomes free
And my shame is undone
Your presence, Lord

Let us become more aware of Your presence
Let us experience the glory of Your goodness

It is the line at the end that says “Let us become more aware of Your presence” that I cannot get over.  This is an amazing truth.  It is the gift of God to spend time with us, His children.  In the middle of our struggles He is there.  In the highest of our celebrations His presence is real.  Whether we have much or have little, the presence of God is incredibly real.

I long for His presence and pray that prayer… let be become more aware of your presence.

Psalm 42:1  NLT
As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God.

Exodus 3:5  NLT
“Do not come any closer,” the Lord warned. “Take off your sandals, for you are standing on holy ground.

Each year at this time my family, Julie and our children, take their annual pilgrimage to spend time with our family in Oklahoma.  This week has been that and similar to others, but it is in these times that the quiet can be both good and bad. 

In these times, some of them, that I have by myself enjoyed His presence.  May God give you and I more time to enjoy His presence.  May He give us the reality of His forever presence.  He is always with us, not sometimes, not occasionally, but always.  His presence is a gift.

Father, let us become more aware of Your presence!

No comments:

happy birthday, Julie

Proverbs 18:22   NLT The man who finds a   wife   finds a treasure, and he receives   favor   from the   Lord . Yes, I have foun...