Thursday, November 12, 2015

burst out with thanksgiving



And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.  Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts.

I want that.  No, I need that.  Just to move through life, being thankful is a must.  It changes my attitude.  It often changes my direction.  Being thankful changes the people around me.  Being thankful challenges the people around me.

Often thanksgiving is like a contagious sickness, but that is in a good way.  Watch it.  Be in a situation where people are down and discouraged.  When one person with an overflowing thankful heart enters the picture, a slow wild fire will begin, and it is unstoppable.

My prayer for our church is a heart of thanksgiving.  My prayer for my family in this season and far beyond is a thankful heart.

Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.

This past Sunday we began a new series at The Community Fellowship called a THANKFUL HEART.  The person who is focused on God finds it easier to be thankful.  The more we trust God the more thankful we find ourselves.  The more we are thankful we are the more we trust God.

He who gives attention to the word will find good, And blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.

So that your trust may be in the Lord, I have taught you today, even you.

An arrogant man stirs up strife, But he who trusts in the Lord will prosper.

He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, But he who walks wisely will be delivered.

The fear of man brings a snare, But he who trusts in the Lord will be exalted.

I leave you with the verse from Sunday’s sermon that I jumped from and continue to be encouraged by.  This verse reminds me that I desire to not only have a thankful heart but to be found sharing outbursts of joy and thanksgiving.

Psalm 28:7  NLT
The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.

No comments:

God is the Great I AM

This devotion is what our family read last night, and it is powerful.   It is from “Doing Things That Matter”, a devotional from youvers...