Tuesday, January 12, 2016

who are you leaning on?


Trust in the Lord with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.

All of us lean.  Either one way or another, we are leaning on something that makes us stronger.  Lean on something weak, and you will be weak.  Lean on something that is strong, and you will be strong.  It is a fact to think about.

The verse above is one I quote often and even hear others use a lot.  Are you leaning on yourself or on God?  It does make a difference.  I am finite.  God is infinite.  I have to rest or get help.  But God has all you and I need.  There is a big difference between God and me.  The same is true for you.

Who are you leaning on?

For they call themselves after the holy city And lean on the God of Israel; The Lord of hosts is His name.

Who out there fears God, actually listens to the voice of his servant? For anyone out there who doesn't know where you're going, anyone groping in the dark, Here's what: Trust in God. Lean on your God!

I will steady him with my hand; with my powerful arm I will make him strong.

May we be found leaning on Jesus and trusting Him more than we trust ourselves or any thing else.  Take a few minutes and answer this: Whom are you leaning on?  My prayer is that our leaning will make us stronger.

As I close today’s devotion it is important to me that we notice the people around us that are leaning.  We need each other.  Give someone an encouraging word or serve someone and help them lean on Jesus.  You will make a big difference in their life as God has made a difference in yours.

NOTE: this post was originally shared in January of 2012.

No comments:

God is always working

Our youth from church have been on a retreat at the lake this week.   The last two nights I have listened to some friends share their st...