Thursday, October 20, 2016

happy birthday Julie!


The man who finds a wife finds a treasure, and he receives favor from the Lord.

Today is my Julie's birthday.  Not only is she an excellent wife and a hard worker, but this lady is a true gift from God.  I have known that, seen that and watched the overflow of the excellence all these years.

We celebrated 23 years of marriage in September, and that means we have celebrated 23 of our birthdays together (she is only 28 days older than me).  Through each of years, through raising our children, through working together in our home and in the church, we have become a team. 

No, life hasn’t always been easy, but we have enjoyed many great times together.  This next week we experience a new milestone as our oldest child gets married.  Not sure either of us is ready for that.

Together we have trusted God.  Together we have seen many, many answered prayers.  But we also expect many more blessed and great experiences ahead.  Thank you for praying for us (and especially for Rebecca and Josh as they are married on Tuesday).

The verse I will close with today fits her very well.  The verse I began with is a fact, and I found favor with God.  Julie completes me.  I don't say that to be sappy or to make her feel better.  It is truth.  She is such a PROVERBS 31 woman.  I can trust her, and she has my back.  She protects and builds our family and me.  Behind closed doors, she often teaches me and even puts me in my place.  I need that.  

I want to use today's devotion not to make Julie look good or make you think I am good husband but to let the world know that my wife is a huge blessing.  If you know her, you know that.  She makes my life better and stronger.  Our kids and I are blessed.

Happy birthday, my Julie!  I love you!

Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life.

No comments:

back2school gets closer

I an excited about the back2school   2017 outreach that is just 2 weeks away.  We hope to serve 2,500 students at 9 locations plus their...