Tuesday, January 10, 2017

positive comments & share stories


So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.

Have you noticed how often we hear people talk about their upsetting situations?  Especially on social people you will read about businesses that didn’t meet expectations, or churches that didn’t treat someone right, or friends that were always lying, or how the government is so screwed up.

Turn the opposite way.  Do you often hear people talk about what has gone right?  This might be the business that did it right, or the ministry that make a big difference, or a friend that made another friend feel wanted, or how some government person or agency helped someone.

If we are honest, we will see far more negative than positive.  We will notice the people going on rant after rant of pain and negativity, but those positive, encouraging stories are much less.  Why don’t we change that?

Let’s start that change with us.  Build up someone.  Share stories of people who are making a difference.  Talk about someone who has gone the extra mile in one-way or another.  Can you think of some of those?

I recently broke the belt holder for my phone.  It is something I have had for a long time.  Seriously, I think I bought it a couple years ago, and the company even replaced it once before because I had worn out a piece of it.  Over the Christmas holiday I caught the case on the door of our car, and it broke.  I contacted the company because I could not find a replacement.  Yesterday a new phone holder arrived, and it was free.  The spigen.com company got it right.  Give them a try when you buy your next phone or computer case.

Yesterday I walked in to a ministry that we partner with to help homeless friends in our area.  A few minutes later in walks a friend that I have known for more than 15 years.  They were serving, and that made me so grateful.  Their family is always loving and serving others, but once again I am so proud of these special friends.

A couple nights ago I was finishing up for the day and sitting down in my chair when my phone went off.  It was a text message from one of my children.  That is a usual things, but the message wasn’t what I expect.  They were thanking me for something I did.  This dad’s heart was so proud of my child.  Makes me know that they are doing things that bless others like they did me.

That is just a couple stories.  Think about it for a few minutes.  What can you to bless someone else?  Who could you serve that could not pay you back?  What call could you make or note could you write that would help someone’s life be of more value?

Do something today that is in the extreme positive.  Post something on social media that shares who a business got it right, and we ought to send them more business. 

Living by faith always leads us to share light, peace and more life.  It’s your turn.

Romans 8:6  NLT
So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.

No comments:

happy birthday, Julie

Proverbs 18:22   NLT The man who finds a   wife   finds a treasure, and he receives   favor   from the   Lord . Yes, I have foun...