Friday, March 24, 2017

hearing God's voice


John 10:4-5,27  NLT
After he has gathered his own flock, he walks ahead of them, and they follow him because they know his voice. They won’t follow a stranger; they will run from him because they don’t know his voice.” … My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

There is nothing any better than hearing the voice of God.

This is not one of those thundering voices from heaven or near death experiences.  What this is most often is the still small voice inside, the verse that grans your attention, the sermon that speaks to your situation or the conversation that opens up your heart.

God speaks in many different ways, and when we realize that it is God speaking, we must follow.  Following is a big deal.  Coming to know it is God speaking it even bigger.

Have you ever been listening to God, heard a directive and struggled with doing what you know is right?  I’ve been there too many times to talk about.  But I have also been in that place and said yes a few times.  The different outcomes are amazing.

I long for His voice.  I enjoy His voice.  Even when there is pain in the process there is always greater grace that comes.

So, here is the challenge.  Stop and listen.  It may take a few minutes or an entire day.  He is always speaking.  God is always ready to share with his children.  Are we ready to listen and respond?

Psalm 46:10  NLT
“Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.”

No comments:

men on a mission DAY 1

Psalm 100:2   NASB Serve  the Lord with  glad ness; Come before Him with joyful singing. It is the first day of the Men on a Missi...