But each day the Lord pours
his unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing his songs, praying to God who gives me life.
Prayer
is an important part of the life of Jesus followers, yet it is obvious that often
people of faith use prayer as their last resort or only as a way of solving problems. I believe prayer is to be a daily part
of our lives.
Making
a commitment to pray can make a different for the ones praying and the ones
being prayed for. You may
have been challenged to pray as I have, but I have also been convicted when I
said, “I will pray” yet have forgotten to pray and follow through with what I
said I would do. Good
intentions don’t always cut it.
How
will we make assure our commitment to pray is followed? Like other things in the Christian’s
life, prayer and praying are a choice. It
is not an after thought. It
is at the beginning, in the middle and at the end of all that we do. The older I get the more I find myself
praying, needing prayer and wanting to pray.
I
issue each of us a challenge to pray. Just
pray. Start now. The people on your mind are there for
a reason. They might have
been placed on your heart by God Himself.
I
am not telling you who or what to pray for but be committed to pray. Have
you ever been comforted when someone tells you that they are praying for you? Has the card in the mail, or the
email, or the text message come to you at just the right time when you needed
someone to pray for you? I
have been encouraged, and I bet you have been too.
Commit
to pray. Start now. Just a minute or two of prayer is a
great start. Maybe an hour
or more is more in line for you. Just
start. It is a choice to
commit to pray.
2
Thessalonians 1:11 NLT
So we keep on praying
for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy
of his call. May he give you the power to accomplish all the good things your
faith prompts you to do.
NOTE: much of this post was shared 2 months ago.

Comments