There are times we are not sure how to pray or what to pray for. That doesn’t mean you are an amateur. It might mean you just need a little encouragement.
Let me start by letting you know that prayer is an important part of the life of the person who chooses to follow Jesus. Yet God doesn’t judge us on how we pray or how much we pray. Our prayers often are a gauge to our spiritual growth, but all of us have to start somewhere.
Moving in to the weekend I give you a challenge we have talked about many times before. That is to “stop and pray” as often as you can. I find myself when I wake up at night praying. When I see an accident on the road or read of a need on Facebook, I feel led to pray. Those prayers can be short or long.
Prayer connects us to God. So, go and connect.
1 Chronicles 5:20 NLT
They cried out to God during the battle, and he answered their prayer because they trusted in him. So the Hagrites and all their allies were defeated.
If you are in a crisis, depressed or thinking your battle is getting too hard, stop and pray.
Ezra 8:23 NLT
So we fasted and earnestly prayed that our God would take care of us, and he heard our prayer.
If you or someone you know has a need, stop and pray right where you are.
Psalm 63:4 NLT
I will praise you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer.
When all if good and you’ve got lots of great stuff going on, stop and pray and spend time praising God because it is all from Him anyway.
James 5:16 NLT
Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.
As you see a need, stop and pray no waiting for a more convenient time to pray.
2 Corinthians 1:11 NLT
And you are helping us by praying for us. Then many people will give thanks because God has graciously answered so many prayers for our safety.
Your prayers and mine do make a difference to others. We connect to God. We connect others to God. And by the way, there is more to come.
Spend some time praying today and this weekend!

Comments