Psalm 34:18 NLT
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.
I will take another step in to the year 2020 and realize how difficult it is. So many people have hit the proverbial bottom of the barrel. It might be due to the virus or some result of the virus. It could be many other things as well.
No matter the cause, the pain is real. Last weekend I had the honor to serve the family of a mother who passed away, and my heart is heavy for this family. Over the last 9 months I have done many funerals, but one family in our church has had about half of those. Can this get any tougher? Yes it can.
The last week has held some pain that it unbearable for so many. Two teenagers committed suicide in our community. A boy and a girl from two different schools with no connection to each other. We knew both them from years ago and their families.
My heart goes out to the families. My heart foes out to the friends of both teenagers. I don’t know what was going on in their lives. But I do know that real hope is only found in God.
The Coronavirus has stripped away many of our normals and many needs. One of those needs is for people to speak in to our lives. My prayer is that we will speak up. Let’s use our voices and our love to comfort and encourage those who are hurting It might be that our actions or words help someone find a reason to live and better yet a reason to look to God for help.
God is close to the broken. He knows our need. He loves each and every one of us.
Psalm 119:74 NLT
May all who fear you find in me a cause for joy, for I have put my hope in your word.

Comments