glorious day


John 11:43-44  NLT

Then Jesus shouted, “Lazarus, come out!” 44 And the dead man came out, his hands and feet bound in grave clothes, his face wrapped in a head cloth. Jesus told them, “Unwrap him and let him go!”


One of the most incredible stories in the Bible is when Jesus raised his friend Lazarus from the dead.  Literally he came from death to life, from darkness to light.


That is what happens when we are saved.  We are moved from darkness to light.  Take that another step forward when we deal with our weakness and pain, addiction or habits and much more.  With healing comes freedom and light.


My prayer for so many is that we will continue to live in the light and come in to the light as God offers us that incredible peace and freedom.


Here is a song that consumed my mind and heart yesterday.  Read on and even go listen to it.


Glorious Day

by Kristian Stanfill


I was buried beneath my shame, Who could carry that kind of weight, It was my tomb, Till I met You… 


You called my name, And I ran out of that grave, Out of the darkness, Into Your glorious day… 


Now Your mercy has saved my soul, Now Your freedom is all I know, The old made new, Jesus, when I met You… 


I needed rescue, My sin was heavy, But chains break at the weight of Your glory, I needed shelter, I was an orphan, But You call me a citizen of heaven, When I was broken, You were my healing, Your love is the air that I'm breathing, I have a future, My eyes are open


You called my name, And I ran out of that grave, Out of the darkness, Into Your glorious day


It is time to run out of darkness and in to the light that God offers.  See how God did just that.  


He called Lazarus by name.  He calls you and me by name because He knows and loves us.  May we run to Him.  It is our freedom.  It is lasting people.


He has called us out of darkness and into His marvelous light!


1 Peter 2:9  NLT

But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God’s very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.

Comments