heart of the king


Sunday at The Community Fellowship we began our Easter series “My King”.  We will be talking about the fact that Jesus was least likely to be king, and we examined the differences between Saul and David.


Saul looked the part and even acted like a great king until he chose to disobey God and build his own kingdom.  David was very different from Saul.  He wasn’t perfect, but David’s willing to own his troubles and to submit to God.  David didn’t look like a king, but he was the one God pointed.


Acts 13:22  NLT

But God removed Saul and replaced him with David, a man about whom God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.’


Our hearts make a huge difference in our lives and in the people around us.  In fact our character and our choices determine our future as well as our impact on others.  David’s heart was always tuned in to God.  David’s heart was warmed by and help by God.  Even in his struggle and mess God was still the outcome and the main thing.


It is time for us to do what David did.  Focus on God.  When we find our focus is on something we put in the place of God, repent and change our ways.  Give God is proper place in our lives, our homes, our churches and even in our nation.


Jeremiah 31:31-34  NASB  

“Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers on the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. 33 “For this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord: “I will put My law within them and write it on their heart; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 They will not teach again, each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the Lord, “for I will forgive their wrongdoing, and their sin I will no longer remember.”


God has blessed us, and we have a new covenant that hold the promises of our never failing and always loving God.  He literally has forgiven us and is holding us.  Trust God.  He knows our heart.


Proverbs 21:2  NASB

Every person’s way is right in his own eyes, But the Lord examines the hearts.

Comments