Today I continue on a trip to Cuba serving with the FCA sports ministry team there. Please pray for each member of the team as well as the planning being done for future mission projects and ministry to athletes and coaches.
I take time for personal thoughts today. I want to give a huge birthday shoutout to a couple of my favorite people!
First, my dad’s birthday was yesterday. He turned 82 years old and remains one of my most trusted advisors as well as one of the wisest men I know. He has taught me so much through the years, and I will never have the insight or skills that he has has. My brothers and I are big time blessed to have Richard Harrison as our father. Happy birthday, dad!
Second, today is daughter Rebecca’s 25th birthday. This young lady continues to amaze us with her abilities and gifts. She and her husband Colman life in Hawaii where he serves in the Army. She is a kind and quiet person who enjoys life. I miss her big time and cannot wait to visit her in the month ahead. Happy birthday, Rebecca!
Third and finally, this weekend is Mother’s Day. Our church will be having a special outreach Saturday morning changing the oil for about 40 ladies, and there will be a free clothes closet open for any one who would like to come by. The Community Fellowship family continues to amaze me with their desire to serve and demonstrate the love of God to our community and beyond.
I also am thankful for the mothers in my life. Like my sweet wife Julie. I will miss being with her this Mother’s day and look forward to celebrating when we return. I am also excited before this is our daughter Ruth’s first Mother’s Day as our granddaughter Harper is not 6 months old. I pray she sees just how precious she is as a mother. My mom passed away almost 7 years ago, and I miss her so much. Happy Mother’s Day as well to my mother in law, Sandra Howell, and to my bonus mom that keeps my dad in line, Ann Harrison.
These are just a few of the blessings that are running across my mind and in my heart this weekend.
May God bless you and may you be a blessing to others. Have a great weekend!

Comments