Luke 9:43 NLT
Awe gripped the people as they saw this majestic display of God’s power.
Have you ever turned the corner or come to some spot and was just in AWE? It is one of those encounters you didn’t expect, but the scene left you inspire, most likely stopped you in your tracks and had a calm over you.
I have been there. I have been there a lot.
Often is it a scene like the picture at the first of this e-devotion. Some times it is related to the testimony someone shared. At times it is from a Scripture I read at just the right times. It has even been when God did something I needed or didn’t expect
Psalm 65:8 NLT
Those who live at the ends of the earth stand in awe of your wonders. From where the sun rises to where it sets, you inspire shouts of joy.
Be watching. God is working. We will be left in awe, and I long for moments of awe. Actually I have had several of those lately.
Unexpected. Moments of joy. Moments that stood still, packed with something that only God could have placed in front of me.
Exodus 14:31 NLT
When the people of Israel saw the mighty power that the Lord had unleashed against the Egyptians, they were filled with awe before him. They put their faith in the Lord and in his servant Moses.
The artist worked diligently to create what his mind and heart saw. Those who look at the art are left to see and be in awe.
We serve a God who is an artist. He captures events, landscapes, points in time to give to His children glimpses of His goodness and His glory. Those are the awe moments that leave us in awe of our awesome God. They are all around us. Are we watching for them?
Habakkuk 3:2 NLT
I have heard all about you, Lord. I am filled with awe by your amazing works. In this time of our deep need, help us again as you did in years gone by. And in your anger, remember your mercy.
Listen and watch. Look around the next corner or at the next sunrise or sunset to see the art that will only be there for a moment. Take a picture. Enjoy the moment.
Wait. Put down your phone. Stop the car. Take a breathe. Take it all in. Thank God and see how He continues to create those moments for you.
Psalm 33:8 NLT
Let the whole world fear the Lord, and let everyone stand in awe of him.
May we enjoy the awe of God this weekend.
On a personal note: I have had some AWE moments recently. While in Cuba, they were plentiful. The picture I shared today is of a sunrise (I don’t get up early, so I don’t see lots of these). Last weekend my wife and I looked at each other and had one of those moments. Listening to one of the families in Cuba I get to serve with I heard them share, and I had an awe moment. Seeing God provide at the last possible moment I was in awe. Visiting a friend this week battling cancer and understanding her confidence left me in awe.
Look for the awe and enjoy it. God is such a generous, giving God.

Comments