A new week. A new set of opportunities. All new learning even though we might be stepping in to places and situations we have been in before. That is why I challenge you and me to seek God in big ways.
Matthew 6:19-20 NIV
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
That is why I want to take this e-devotion and this day to say a huge THANK YOU to those who have supported, given items or funds, prayed many prayers and done so much more to help make the trip to Cuba successful. Thank you.
Over those 8 days there were so many happenings that I am blown away by the faithfulness of God. With the Cuban sports leaders we visited many sports fields and ministries where we saw athletes being trained, Bible studies being shared and coaches and chaplains doing what they do best. It was awesome.
During the first three days there were several meetings with partners who desire to help this sports ministry get stronger and grow in new ways. The commitments already are beginning that process.
The last few days of the trip included encouraging staff, leadership training and planning for future trips. I have to say that I aim excited about what is ahead. The next trip for me will be December and to a place I have never been serving sports ministry leaders I have yet to meet. Then there will be 2024. So may opportunities are ahead.
I do hope that you will join me in helping this ministry take even more steps to disciple athletes and coaches, to help the Cuban staff of FCA grow and to impact more churches with the resources they need.
Some of my favorite pieces of this past week are the stories. Some were common stories of the Gospel being shared. Some were stories of new places opening where many new people are becoming part of the ministry. Then there are the challenges. Things we need to pray over and seek God in the midst of. Please pray. Pray God opens doors and sets up situations so many more people will be part of the ministry and many more go to heaven because they get to know Jesus.
Watch what God does. I will be sharing more. Thanks again to all who helped!
Matthew 7:17 NLT
A good tree produces good fruit, and a bad tree produces bad fruit.
Comments