As this week comes to an end there are so many things I could share with you, but I would like for you to join me on a short trip. Just a basic journey based on something I read in the Bible that also crosses my mind pretty often.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 NLT
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
This is not a journey to tell you what to do, but it is one that I look back and saw wow… God is good. I am thankful.
One. I have heard stories throughout the back2school outreach about people’s experience, but I never get tired of hearing how God touched people’s hearts.
Two. The start of the school year is stressful for everyone involved. But it really is sweet and awesome to see how my wife dedicates herself to getting ready, preparing her classroom and serving her 1st grade students. I am grateful.
Three. It often gets toward the end of the day when I am tired and even frustrated. I at times look to the sky, and there it is. A sunset, some clouds, the moon or the sun. It is something that reminds me of the beauty of the day and the goodness of God. I am thankful.
Four. The people I get to be around in my word. Some seem to be frustrating. Some are in battles. All have value. All are serving. I see glimpses of each knowing God’s call in their lives and going for it. I am grateful.
Five. I watch my calendar fill up and even over flow at times, and then I know that just ahead, either that day or another, to an opportunity to make a difference in someone’s life. I am thankful for what I get to do.
Six. Often people send me something to pray for. It can get intense or even overwhelming, and then I remember that it is an honor to pray for others and to be involved in so many lives. I get to connect people to Jesus. Wow. I am thankful.
Seven and the last. Even in the down times or the struggles I see God working. It might be in a text from a friend, a verse from the Bible or even that little tug in my spirit that I know comes from God. So good.
I choose to be thankful. I choose to see the blessings. God is close and is so good. Take some time today to see and acknowledge and be thankful.
Jeremiah 33:9 NLT
Then this city will bring me joy, glory, and honor before all the nations of the earth! The people of the world will see all the good I do for my people, and they will tremble with awe at the peace and prosperity I provide for them.
On September 2nd I return to work with the sports ministry leaders in Cuba. Please pray for and support this upcoming mission trip. Your prayers and support are important to this work God is using in great ways.
Comments