how can I pray for you?

 


One of the best questions you can ask others is “how can I pray for you?”  It might catch someone off guard, like they aren’t prepared for it.  But the conversations after are always telling and important.


I have found that people appreciate being prayed for.  People are touched when you you show that you care.  And yes, the most important part is that someone knows Jesus, and I find that prayer can be a great connector.


God calls us to pray.  He challenges us to pray for ourselves and others.  Prayer reminds us all of who us really in control. 


So, today try this if you haven’t before.  Ask the waitress, the cashier, your co-worker, your neighbor, or that person you happen to be with “how can I pray for you?”  Then follow through with the conversation.  It might be simply to listen, but make sure to pray for that person and what they share.


James 5:16 NASB

Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.

 

Often I get the opportunity to pray for others.  Yes, I am a pastor, and it is something I am grateful for.  One of the parts I try to commit to is stop and pray for the person when they ask.  Requests come in many ways… in person, on the phone, via Facebook, in an email or letter and maybe several difference ways.  Praying at that point is important.  Stop and pray!

 

Praying connects us and others to God.  Prayer also says I care and God cares even more.  We might even say "God cares about you".

 

Look at and read that verse again … "pray for each other" … make it part of your life.  It takes very little time to stop and pray.  It may change someone's life!  It might change yours.


How can I pray for you?

Comments