I love it when Scripture seems to come to life. You know literally Scripture is designed by God to be living and interactive in our lives. Watch how God does that. Psalms is one of the greatest places for me as I use the verses for Scripture-fed, Spirit-led, worship-based prayer.
For years I have been reading Proverbs on a daily basis. Those verses come alive. Add to that Psalms and the book Praying the Psalms by Daniel Henderson. Strategic Renewal and the 6:4 Fellowship is where I found this. Check out www.strategicrenewal.com for that and other resources as well as great content on prayer. Also for a great conference call “Resilience” coming in October. Daniel’s book guides you through Psalms in your prayer time.
Take some time today to read and pray the Psalms. Here are just a few verses. Grab from them some characteristics of God… He is my shield and holds me, His love is unfailing, He gives justice to those in need and comfort to the hurting, and more.
Psalm 3:3-4 NLT
But you, O Lord, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high. 4 I cried out to the Lord, and he answered me from his holy mountain. Interlude
Psalm 5:7-8 NLT
Because of your unfailing love, I can enter your house; I will worship at your Temple with deepest awe. 8 Lead me in the right path, O Lord, or my enemies will conquer me. Make your way plain for me to follow.
Psalm 10:16-18 NLT
The Lord is king forever and ever! The godless nations will vanish from the land. 17 Lord, you know the hopes of the helpless. Surely you will hear their cries and comfort them. 18 You will bring justice to the orphans and the oppressed, so mere people can no longer terrify them.
Seek the face of God today through prayer. May Scripture come alive for you and make your prayer time incredible!
Prayer List:
Marie Parker, Tina, Chris Boyle, Patsy Brown, family of Sandy Jo Jamison, Carla Hairston, Stephanie Penn, Randy Mize, Lynn Myers, Alyssa Hodges, Clarence Pickurel, Timmy Howell, Lynn Myers, Kelly Rae, Dawn Campbell, Waymon Lockett, Martha Pennington, Israel, and Cuba. Those battling cancer: Brian Lawson, Carla Hairston’s sister, Katie Luttrell, Mike Johnson, Cindy Kanode, Ron Harris, Nichole Helms, Leisha Wickham, Dionna Cameron, and Steve Bradshaw.
Comments