It is the week after back2school, and I am amazed at all God has done through this outreach. Plus, it is not over. More people are receiving items and being blessed and even being served as an overflow of the outreach. There is more to share than I can possibly deal with today.
What grabs my attention the most is the response to what God has done. I remember the little one who said “thank you”. I remember the team member who fell in to a hug with another little one and prayed for them. I remember the team member who washing feet for the first time and shared their emotional experience. I remember and am grateful for a lot.
I loved hearing the story that our children’s leader shared and see how students were listening. And now we keep on praying for a response to the invitation to know God’s love. And His love has been shown and shared all over.
Romans 12:9-10 NLT
Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. 10 Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.
Please pray for those who heard the story that they will respond. Pray for their school year that begins and that each will know they are loved and to have confidence that God made them for success. Pray that students will tell others what they learned.
Why does the back2school outreach take place? This is a reality because God calls us to share His goodness and love with others every chance we get. And one more, this is the 20th year of back2school. There is more to come as we enjoy the overflow.
Comments