The following is a post that has caught my attention once
again as well as remains true for me and I believe for you too. As you read, I pray that the time hearing God
will be a huge blessing.
What Keeps You From
Seeing God
Psalm 46:10 NLT
"Be still,
and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation.
I will be honored throughout the world."
Other translations ....
NASB --- Cease striving
CEV --- Calm down, and learn
that I am God!
GWT --- Let go of your
concerns! Then you will know that I am God.
HCSB --- Stop [your fighting]—and
know that I am God,
Those are some powerful words. And when
we get it, really get it, God will begin to work wonders as He has our hearts.
At that point He teaches us to trust Him more and listen less to our
feelings and our emotions.
I've been reminded of this several times, yet
not in such a dramatic way as one instance in the past. Honestly, I was
stressed, worried and asking for help as well as consumed. As I began to
step back (not because I wanted to but God made that happen), God worked right
in front of my eyes. He changed the situation. He turned the issue,
or the problem, into a situation where people will be helped and even healing
will take place.
This was and continues to be a powerful
lesson for me. When we fail to listen to and trust God, problems continue
and will even snow ball. I need to hear this. Do you?
Philippians 4:6 NLT
Don't worry about anything;
instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and
thank him for all he has done.
What is consuming you? What are you
worried about? When was the last time you stopped to listen to what God
had to say?
Be still. Stop running. Calm
down. Stop fighting against all kinds of stuff. Let go of what is
worrying you. Let God work in your situation!

Comments