It was 16 years ago that I first had the opportunity to
serve with the Raceway Ministries team in Martinsville, and it is has been an
incredible time. Since then
I have had the honor of serving on the national Raceway Ministries board and
helping our group grow in various ways. It
really is an honor to share Jesus with race fans at the speedway.
This stuff happens
at racetracks all around the world. I
mean there are men and women around the world volunteering their time to serve
in the racing community. They
offer worship services, counseling, sharing refreshments and much more. I have met so many people that are
committed to making a difference in a place where few others will step.
In Martinsville our
team offers several different things, and it is a blessing to be able to work
along side the employees of Martinsville Speedway. Sunday morning before the race this
weekend there will be worship services. We
will have a team of cart drivers helping fans with special needs all weekend. One of my favorite pieces of our work
are the conversation we get to have with people from all over the world. Talking about Jesus never gets old,
and you might be surprised to know that many people are open to talk about him.
Why go to the speedway? There are plenty of reasons not to
go. The race is on Sunday
and keeps our volunteers from attending their church. Often it is cold or raining and not
very nice outside. There
are plenty of reasons to go to the track.
1 Corinthians 9:22 NASB
To the weak I became
weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to
all men, so that I may by all means save some.
Romans 5:5 NLT
And this hope will
not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our
hearts with his love.
Isaiah 35:3 NLT
With this news, strengthen those who have tired hands, and
encourage those who have weak knees.
Telling people that
God loves them is something that we can do in many different ways. Serving people opens the door to help
others see and hear God. Our
lives offer hope to those in need.
Join us at the
speedway. Come serve with
us if you would like. But
please pray that many will hear about God’s love for them, and they will allow
God to change their lives.
NOTE: this was first shared a
few years ago but remains true as this weekend is the race in Martinsville once
again

Comments