What I share today is from our family devotion last night. We have been doing these for many years now, and I am grateful for Dave Ohlerking and his organization Children’s Cup that helped our family take a giant leap in our Spiritual growth. In fact I believe that move has made our daughters, now adults and living on their own, stronger in their connection with God.
Last night’s devotion is taken from www.youversion.com and their reading plans. This plan is called “God, the first Entrepreneur” and day 2. It is about creativity that is one of our church’s and my core values. I believe we are to be creative and use all the gifts God has given us.
As you read further my prayer is simply that God would help us be even more creative so we can give Him even more glory!
Here is part of the devotion:
God chooses Bezalel to do the hard, God-like work of creating the Tabernacle. But before Bezalel gets to work “to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts,” we are told that God had to first “[fill Bezalel] with the Spirit of God.” Fascinating! Why would Bezalel need God’s Spirit in order to create? Because God is the first entrepreneur, the source of all creativity, and the originator of our ability to make something of value out of the raw materials of this world. In order for Bezalel to fulfill his call to create, he needed more of God’s likeness…
When you and I create—when we launch new businesses, write new books, compose new songs, build new things, create new art—we aren’t doing something “secular.” We are imitating (albeit in a quite imperfect way) the work of The First Entrepreneur. Creativity is not a fringe thing. It is central to who God is, and who we are as His image-bearers.
Exodus 31:1-3 NLT
Then the Lord said to Moses, “Look, I have specifically chosen Bezalel son of Uri, grandson of Hur, of the tribe of Judah. I have filled him with the Spirit of God, giving him great wisdom, ability, and expertise in all kinds of crafts.

Comments