for the one


 

Proverbs 3:27  NLT

Do not withhold good from those who deserve it when it’s in your power to help them.


We have the power.  That is the power to help or hurt, encourage or exhaust, build up or tear down.  Use your power for the good of others.


Take some time today to notice the people that come across your path and the opportunities that God brings your way.  Even pray for eyes to see these people and opportunities.  Then let God use your abilities and your resources to make a difference for that one.


Yesterday I got a Christmas gift from a friend and partner to serves the homeless community around us.  There was a simple story in the gift, one I had heard before.  And I want to share it with you understanding that you and I make a difference when we serve the one.


The Starfish Story

Original Story by: Loren Eisley


One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.


Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?”


The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean. The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.”

“

Son,” the man said, “don’t you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can’t make a difference!”


After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish, and threw it back into the surf.


Then, smiling at the man, he said…..“I made a difference for that one.”


That’s good.  Remember what Mother Teresa said, “If you cannot feed a hundred people, then feed just one.”


Make a difference for the one.

Comments