perspective from Israel


 

Numbers 6:27  NLT  

Whenever Aaron and his sons bless the people of Israel in my name, I myself will bless them.


What an honor to have spent the last week in Israel.  It truly is the land of the Bible because the Bible comes to life as you walk through streets and see sites where the stories happened and the people we talked about lived there.


The group I was with consisted of more than 1,000 pastors and church leaders from the United States, and the trip was sponsored by the nation of Israel and the Friends of Zion organizations.  They did an awesome job putting together this trip and in getting that many people taken care of.  It was truly amazing.


What I want to give you today is a simple picture.  Not really a picture but perspective of what I left Israel with as the greatest parts of the trip.  It really wasn’t about where we went or even what we heard.


The greatest impact of this trip has been the people.  God loves people.  Remember that.


To meet many Israelis has been incredible.  To hear their hearts and see their love and devotion was inspiring to say the least.  We heard stories of those who have survived and families of those who didn’t survive the wars that have been going on.  They spoke of hearing the sirens and having to run to safe rooms and shelters.  I can not imagine having to do that.  But so many of these friends shared about their faith in God and their passion to help others.


It was also good to meet pastors from all over and hear their stories, to pray together and to experience places and a journey that brings such impact.  Often we may think we are alone, but we are not.  Others have similar stories and have been smilier struggles, and God has carried us all.


I left Israel with a desire to return and to bring others with me.  People from our church and friends, if you would like to be part of such a trip, please reach out.


I left Israel with a renewed desire to support the nation of Israel and her people.  The lies of antisemitism are painful and often twisted and most often untrue.  I believe that the people of Israel love life and desire to preserve this precious gift.


I left Israel with a commitment to dig in to the Bible and understand more of what God has given us.  He is powerful, loving and still working as he has from the beginning of time.


Hebrews 13:8  NLT  

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.


I pray your faith and walk with God is renewed and strengthened today and this Christmas season!

Comments