Because I said so. That is one of the answers I got from my parents that I didn’t like. I wanted a reason for their answer, but too often the answer was just because and truth me.
Just because has long been one of those things that keeps showing up because we don’t understand everything.
A song continues to get my attention. It is by the band Judah, and the song is Just Because. It gives that answer and points to something we need to lean in to. I really like the sound of the song. I connect with what it has to say.
Here is a little of the song or the lyrics. Go find the song and listen or watch.
Boldly I come
Into His arms
With nothing to bring
But all of my heart
How could this be?
The way He looks in my eyes
All broken and crimson sin
He sees only white
And I can’t do anything
To gain what He’s done
I’m His beloved
I am His friend
His love has no limit
From beginning to end
No angel or demon will ever separate
Me from His goodness and His wonderful gaze
So let me remind you
Of all that He’s done
He just loves you
‘Cause He loves you
‘Cause He loves you
Just because He does
God loves us because that is what God does.
He loves us just because. He knows us.
I am His. He loves no matter what.
Knowing this truth changes the way we look at God and think about Him. It should even change how we think about ourselves and how we look at others. It is important that we just trust the fact that God loves us just because He does.
God loves you. God loves me. No matter what, He loves you just because He does.
Romans 5:8 NLT
But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
Comments