Since God chose you to be the holy people he
loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility,
gentleness, and patience. 13 Make allowance for each
other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave
you, so you must forgive others. 14 Above all, clothe yourselves
with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.
The most powerful thing we can
do is step out of the way. I am learning
this all too well. We either get all
involved or step aside when we look at certain situations.
Inside is this thing that tugs
at my heart that says I have to get involved.
I have to do something, but I am learning at times that the best thing I
can do is be still, get quiet or maybe even step aside.
To make allowance for the fault’s
of others I need to also be able to recognize my own faults. Loving people comes in all different kinds of
ways, shapes and forms.
Think for a few minutes about
the ways you respond to situations.
There are times that I get angry and say or do things I should not
do. There are times that I get so
emotional that all I can do is slump in my chair and cry. In all times I should step aside and
pray. That is a great deal.
Prayer may remind me to muster
my strength and jump in feet and head first.
Prayer might lead me to stay out of the situation and let others get
involved. Prayer may save me or others
in many different ways.
Clothe yourselves with the love
of God.
Remember that God forgave you.
God’s love binds us together.
Maybe, just maybe the best
thing I can do at the next opportunity is to step aside and pray. God will guide me through.

Comments