be prepared


Proverbs 24:27  NLT
Do your planning and prepare your fields before building your house.

The folks who live in the Carolinas and Virginia are preparing for Hurricane Florence to make land fall the end of this week and for the storms that follow throughout our communities.  Can you really be ready for such a story?

That verse reminds us to prepare.  Another way to say that is to count the cost.  I am a bit on the “wait and see” side whereas many of the people in our community are preparing for the worst.  I am not saying who is right or wrong.  What I am saying is that it is always safest to prepare in some way.

Yesterday I shared about allowing God to build your faith before the storm huts your life.  That could be any number of different kinds of storms or situations that we should be ready for, but what I don’t think is best is to live in fear.  Be honest.  Make plans and decisions to move forward.  Do your planning.

Today I encourage you to prepare.  For you that might be 72 hours worth of stuff to keep your family and pets safe without power and water.  That might be to make sure that all the stuff in your basement or your house is up off the ground.  Prepare yourself.

Jeremiah 1:17 NLT
Get up and prepare for action. Go out and tell them everything I tell you to say. Do not be afraid of them, or I will make you look foolish in front of them.

Share your heart and your wisdom with others.  I have some good friends who are first responders. One friend has made a lifetime of his career helping communities like yours and mine to be ready for disastrous situations, whether storm or any catastrophe.  

The next verse is God reminding us to listen to those who went before us to give the warming and share wisdom and truth.  Jesus is God’s gift, and John the Baptist was the dude that went before Him.

Matthew 11:10 NLT
John is the man to whom the Scriptures refer when they say, ‘Look, I am sending my messenger ahead of you, and he will prepare your way before you.’

Listen for the messages.  Don’t be gripped by fear.  Stand in faith and prepare.

Job might not be the best example, but I will close with a verse from his book.  We learn from this verse that preparing is important to going through the storms that come our way.  God is the best to help us prepare.

Job 11:13 NLT
If only you would prepare your heart and lift up your hands to him in prayer!


If you would like to give to help the ministries of The Community Fellowship and Dream Center, please go to this link https://tcf.ccbchurch.com/goto/giving

Comments