Monuments are an important part to our history and of our remembering history. God placed many of these throughout the Bible that were intended to tell the stories of how God moved, how His people followed and how others can trust God in the same ways.
I remember the first time I walked up to the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, DC and how impressive and moving that was. This president came to life through documents and through learning history when I was in school. I remember being on an island off the coast of Georgia several years ago, and we saw a small church with a historical marker. It was at this church where John Wesley preached. How moving that few minutes was.
Are there monuments you have seen that mean a lot or have pushed you to some experiences that lace your mind with greatness? Hang on to those.
During the holiday season there are many things that become like monuments to remind us of what God has blessed us with and how we have celebrated His special day. Remember those things. Share them with others.
Here are a couple verses that remind me of this:
Luke 2:19 NLT
but Mary kept all these things in her heart and thought about them often.
Mary was a special lady chosen by God, but she was a common person with lots in common with you and me. God changed her life. He has changed ours, too. Remember.
Luke 2:35 NLT
As a result, the deepest thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your very soul.”
God is making a mark in our lives and through what He does through us. He reveals our hearts which makes us even more ready to be used by Him.
Two years I looked at the Christmas tree and had to stop, dry my eyes and realize there was a smile across my face. There was a picture on an ornament of my mom. It was from her teen years, a picture I well remember my childhood. My mom isn’t just part of my past but part of my future.
Many things through life are monuments or moments that help shape our lives. Remember. Share. Follow Jesus!

Comments