The scripture I want to share with you are some I share often. In fact these are verses for the last three decades that I have quoted often as I share with others, both in and out of preaching.
They are special significance because of what God has done through them all through the years. God uses Scripture. God uses situations. God uses people and so much to speak in to our lives. As I reminded our church yesterday and quoting Henry Blackaby, “God is always speaking.” Yet we are not always listening.
May we be found listening. Daily. Often.
Yesterday was the 5th anniversary of my mom’s death. I miss her so, yet I know without faith and believing in heaven this would be so much tougher. There are so many things going on in our lives from the pandemic of the Covid virus to the unrest around the election. We need something to hold on to. We need God.
These two passages are great ones to hold on. But wait. These truths will hold on to you as well. Do you get that?
What you have inside you that you have chosen to keep will most often be what turns out to be holding you. I mean sin can hold us. It holds us hostage. Freedom and forgiveness from God holds us if we cling to it.
Let what is good and right and from God hold you tight. Choose these truths. These truths from God. Let Him and His truth keep holding on to you!
Philippians 4:6-7 NASB
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 2:3-4 NASB
Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. 4 Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.
Stop worrying. Let His peace hold on to you.
Choose to serve and love others.
Those things will hold on to you when life is tough.

Comments