You are not alone.
We have heard that many times, but have we seen it played out before us? We have. But we might not be looking for it.
I challenge you to top and listen. Listen to the stories that others are telling about how someone or something happened in their lives and how different the presence of another person or a group of people impacted them.
We need each other. Get in the battle to make sure you are not and others are not alone. There is power in your presence.
Be careful in their presence because I have learned several lessons, some of them the hard way. Your presence of mine during a difficult time might be the very thing God uses to help them. Be careful what you say. Maybe say nothing. Just be present.
I sat and listened for almost two hours yesterday to a group of church leaders talk about what God is doing in their lives and in the churches they serve. I learned several things.
First. We really aren’t the only ones. Others have been through what we are going through or what we have been through.
Second. Some stories sound too good to be true or too weird, but they actually did happen. Makes you shake your head.
Three. God is still working. It might have taken years, but God showed up and showed off at various times and in various places.
I will close with just one last thought about what I heard. Listen. Stop half listening. Quit doing things that cut you off from others and really listen. You might learn. God might speak.
Remember. You are not alone.
Proverbs 27:17 NLT
As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.
2 Peter 3:9 NLT
The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.
Proverbs 17:17 NASB
A friend loves at all times, And a brother is born for adversity.

Comments