Skip to main content

salvation and thanks


This is one of those weeks where we know what is expected of us.  GIVE THANKS.  That is easy.  Happy thanksgiving to you and your family!


Do you know just how blessed you are?  When we know we are blessed, we will end up being thankful.  When we know where our blessings come from, we will give God our thanks over and over again.


Where does this thanks come from?  It comes from deep inside you and me.  it is become of our salvation.  Totally from God and totally of God’s work.  I did nothing to get it.  There is nothing I can do to lose it.  Salvation is one of those things bigger than us and leads to being thankful.


Isaiah.  He is the guy that was willing to do what needed to be done when he saw and heard the need.


Isaiah 6:8  NLT  

Then I heard the Lord asking, “Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?” I said, “Here I am. Send me.”


That is a powerful statement and a strong commitment to follow.  It is one we can learn from.  Something had to change in Isaiah’s life before he could be the one to go.   


He was hurt, convicted, shamed and felt unworthy.  He was in a place where he felt he could not be used by God nor did he have any value.  So, what did God do?


Isaiah 6:5-7  NLT  

Then I said, “It’s all over! I am doomed, for I am a sinful man. I have filthy lips, and I live among a people with filthy lips. Yet I have seen the King, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.” 6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a burning coal he had taken from the altar with a pair of tongs. 7 He touched my lips with it and said, “See, this coal has touched your lips. Now your guilt is removed, and your sins are forgiven.”


Forgiven.  That picture is one that we see happen.  It might have happened in our own lives.


No.  It is not the angel flying and touching our lips.  But the love of God and the forgiveness of God met me where I had a need.  I was and will always be changed.


Being changed left me ready to be used by God.  Whatever you want… wherever you send … because you love me and want me to share that with others.


Here am I, send me.


Maybe that is your story.  Take a deeper look at the story, the cause and the reason behind it all.  Our salvation changed our lives by the goodness and grace of God.  I am thankful!


1 Thessalonians 5:18  NLT

Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.


Once again, I ask you to help with my upcoming trip to Cuba, December 7-15.  I will be leading a retreat for leaders in the sports ministry in the central of Cuba.  Would you support this trip with prayer and finances?  If so, please reach out to me at pastormh@gmail.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you heard of EDITH BURNS?

Edith Burns was a wonderful Christian who lived in San Antonio, Texas . She was the patient of a doctor by the name of Will Phillips. Dr. Phillips was a gentle doctor who saw patients as people. His favorite patient was Edith Burns.  One morning he went to his office with a heavy heart and it was because of Edith Burns.  When he walked into that waiting room, there sat Edith with her big black Bible in her lap earnestly talking to a young mother sitting beside her.  Edith Burns had a habit of introducing herself in this way: "Hello, my name is Edith Burns.  Do you believe in Easter?" Then she would explain the meaning of Easter, and many times people would be saved.  Dr. Phillips walked into that office and there he saw the head nurse, Beverly. Beverly had first met Edith when she was taking her blood pressure. Edith began by saying,"My name is Edith Burns. Do you believe in Easter?"  Beverly said, "Why yes I do."  Edith said, "Well, what do you

why is it Good Friday?

  Holy Week is the time we focus on God and His gift of salvation.  We come to Friday.  The day we remember the cross, Jesus’ death and all God has done for you and me   Why do they call this day “Good Friday” because it doesn’t seems good?   Jesus was treated as a criminal.  He was beaten so much that He could not recognize Him.  His pain would have been too much for you or me to endure.  That is especially from Scripture I’ve read or as in the movie the  Passion of the Christ .   Yet it is a good day.  It is Good Friday because God had our good in His heart.  What Jesus did that day changed our forever direction. Here are some thoughts that come to me:   He is Redemption and Redeemer   He too our Pain and Punishment   He is our Righteousness and Reality   He is the Savior and Life   All of those happened from the cross.  It was meant for the worst lawbreakers.  It was not meant for a Savior who never broke a law.  It was lifted high so that onlookers could see the price Jesus.   Look

happy Thanksgiving

thursday e-devotion From my family to yours. From The Community Fellowship church family to you. Happy Thanksgiving!!!! 1 Chronicles 16:8 (NLT) Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.