Skip to main content

great expectations

 

What are you expecting?  That is a loaded question to say the least.  I have asked God to show up, to guide and to open even more doors than we have seen before.  I trust you will pray the same.  Pray for yourself and for me, if you would.


Philippians 1:20  NLT  

For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die.


Today includes meetings with some people interested in the ministry that our church has long been part of.  That is meetings the needs of those have found themselves in very difficult places.  


The things that we do … the things that we say … the ways that we invest ought to be helping others have more hope.  I expect that.  The verse above talked about never being ashamed.  When our motives are right and placed in Jesus, we can expect hope.  We can share hope.


On to tomorrow and the following week I have even more expectation.  There are several people coming to Cuba who have not seen the sports ministry.  My expectation is that they will see and their hearts moved by what God is doing.


Let me take a look or share a bit about what we expect.


When you come to church for worship and don’t expect God to speak or move, you are coming in with the wrong motives.


When you choose to live for Christ and don’t expect Him to guide you, you are not expecting the right things.


When you interact with people and don’t expect God to use you to be a blessing, you aren’t expecting what God can do.


Thus, I ask that each of us come to this day with great expectations.  Expect God to move.  Expect to hear His voice.  Expect to learn what He has for you to learn.  Expect to be a blessing to the people you come in contact with.


You might just be surprised if you will choose with live with great expectations from our good and gracious God!


1 Peter 1:3-5  NLT  

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation, 4 and we have a priceless inheritance—an inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay. 5 And through your faith, God is protecting you by his power until you receive this salvation, which is ready to be revealed on the last day for all to see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catalyst ticket arrived

My ticket to the Catalyst Conference, in Atlanta Oct 8-10, just arrived. I'm excited!

Have you heard of EDITH BURNS?

Edith Burns was a wonderful Christian who lived in San Antonio, Texas . She was the patient of a doctor by the name of Will Phillips. Dr. Phillips was a gentle doctor who saw patients as people. His favorite patient was Edith Burns.  One morning he went to his office with a heavy heart and it was because of Edith Burns.  When he walked into that waiting room, there sat Edith with her big black Bible in her lap earnestly talking to a young mother sitting beside her.  Edith Burns had a habit of introducing herself in this way: "Hello, my name is Edith Burns.  Do you believe in Easter?" Then she would explain the meaning of Easter, and many times people would be saved.  Dr. Phillips walked into that office and there he saw the head nurse, Beverly. Beverly had first met Edith when she was taking her blood pressure. Edith began by saying,"My name is Edith Burns. Do you believe in Easter?"  Beverly said, "Why yes I do."  Edith said, "Well, what do you ...

wash feet, sharing hope

  John 13:4-5,14 NLT  So he got up from the table, took off his robe, wrapped a towel around his waist, 5 and poured water into a basin. Then he began to wash the disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel he had around him… 14 And since I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other’s feet. Jesus set the example we follow.  He served.  He valued and gave value to others.  That is why we choose to serve. For 18 years our church has shared an outreach called back2school, and for 16 of those years we have chosen to give students brand new shoes and socks as well as washing their feet.  It is one of the most important parts of this event. Washing feet is a humbling experience where both the give and the receiver learn how to share some moments that might change their lives.  Jesus said we should do this.  See the verse above.  Follow His example, do what He did, and give far more than you will ever know....