Wednesday. Today. It is the first day of school for our local school systems. That also means that my lovely wife begins teaching with 18 or so students in her 1st grade classroom. And I think about all the classrooms and all the schools.
What should we do? We should pray. We should support. We should encourage. And there is more. But I ask you to do those things, but begin with prayer.
Students. Teachers. School workers. Families. Pray for each.
Guiding that prayer I give you a few verses that have stood out for me. They all come from Colossians 3. Read on and pray though.
Colossians 3 NASB
2 Set your minds on the things that are above, not on the things that are on earth.
15 Let the peace of Christ, to which you were indeed called in one body, rule in your hearts; and be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. 17 Whatever you do in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.
Pray that God helps all focus on great things. Pray that peace will rule and truth be taught and held. Pray that positive and strong faith will stand tall. Let’s be thankful for all God will do.
Finally, I ask that you pray for and support my upcoming mission trip to Cuba.
Comments