One of the greatest things we can do for anyone is to tell them the truth. We want others to tell us the truth. Right?
In yesterday’s sermon in our series “like Him” we looked at the part of 1 Peter 4 where Peter tells us to be watching for the return of the Lord. Last week we received warnings to be prepared and to continue to let God shape us to be more like Jesus. This week we received the reminder that we have hope.
In the time of waiting for God continue to have hope and live great lives focused on God. Living this way makes a difference.
2 Corinthians 9:10 NLT
For God is the one who provides seed for the farmer and then bread to eat. In the same way, he will provide and increase your resources and then produce a great harvest of generosity in you.
God will provide. That is a promise. Take it heart and watch what God does in the time of waiting. Oh, waiting isn’t easy. I am not very patient, but what does God say to us?
James 5:8 NLT
You, too, must be patient. Take courage, for the coming of the Lord is near.
Patience is a must. Being courageous is helpful. And Jesus will return. But until He does watch and pray. Jesus told the disciples to do that. He reminds us to do the same. While we are waiting, watch and pray.
Psalm 116:1-2 NLT
I love the Lord because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. 2 Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath!
The promises are for you and me. Watch and pray. Live life. And do that with style and grace and purpose. 1 Peter has been refreshing for me, and I am grateful for the guidance God gives for for His giving us truth. Watch and pray!
Philippians 2:14-16 NLT
Do everything without complaining and arguing, 15 so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people. 16 Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ’s return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless.
I will be back in Cuba tomorrow with the incredible Bob Texidor. We will be serving the sports ministry leaders in around Havana. Pray for trip, the ministry in Cuba and for the people of Cuba as this continues to be a very difficult time, yet God is using them to help more people coming to know Jesus.
Comments