Precious
in the sight of the Lord Is the death of His godly
ones.
Today’s devotion is a bit more person than
normal. In the past couple of weeks I
have been reminded several times of the people in my life who have left us for
heaven, way too early we may thing.
One of those people is my mom. Even Monday evening I was reminded of how
special this lady was to my life.
Because it has been almost 2 years since her death things have changed a
lot. But missing my mom hasn’t changed
at all. The memories continue to flood
my mind, and often those memories come when I least expect them.
Another person I miss greatly is my friend Eldred
that passed from earth to heaven a little over 1 year ago. We would meet for breakfast a few times each
month. We shared ministry at the
speedway as well as several other connections between his work of printing
t-shirts and our churches serving the world.
I am reminded often to pray for his sweet wife and daughter, but I miss
my friend very much.
There are others.
Several others that have a place in my heart, and I believe you have
some of the same people. Death is
something we deal with. Some people do
leave earth way to soon due to horrible sickness or terrible accident or
another other reason. Some leave earth
after a long-lived life. Either way praise
God for preparing heaven for us.
It is time to cherish our families and the people
most precious to us. Our son Ryan had a
birthday this week and is now 14 years old.
Hard to believe he has grown so much.
This summer we spent special time traveling together. I am reminded to cherish those days and this
son.
Hug your wife.
Call your parents. Reach out to
your kids. Make sure if it is in your
power to give forgiveness and to share God’s grace to the people around
you. We never know when we might lose
one of those closest to us.
Be prepared and accept Jesus as your Savior. He really has prepared us for that final
step. Until that time is our time it is
time to live life with joy and purpose.
John 14:2-3 NASB
In My Father’s
house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would
have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I
will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.

Comments