well done. Billy Graham


“The master was full of praise. ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let’s celebrate together!’

Well do and a life well lived.  That describes very well the life and legacy of Dr.
Billy Graham as his life was literally poured out for the work of the Lord.

Can you imagine what heaven must have been like today as Dr. Graham walked through those gates?  I saw a drawing of this, and the caption said, “there are a lot of people who want to thank you.”  That is true.

But I remind each of us that Billy Graham was as much human as you and I both are.  He wasn’t a superhero or divine.  Yet this man gave his life for others.  He obeyed the Lord for decades and shared a message of life, love and eternity built on the truth of the Savior, Jesus Christ.

There is little more to say.  But wow.  He lived well.  He demonstrated a life well lived.

In the late 1990’s Julie and I traveled from south Georgia to Atlanta to be part of a great event.  It was the Billy Graham crusade.  I have heard many stories about such events, this one was much like the others.  As the sermon came to a close people flocked to the stage, and countless lives were changed by the power of God as Dr. Graham shared his message of Salvation in Christ alone.

Following his example is a big deal.  May our lives continue with meaning and use each day to make a difference.

We heard his share this verse many times:

John 3:16  NASB
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Comments